What is the Best Paper to Choose for Quality Business Cards?
If implemented right, business cards can make a world of difference for your business! The material you use for your business cards is just as essential as the design. The materials and finishes on your business cards speak volumes about your business. You must select the ideal paper to send the correct message to potential consumers.
Card stock is the ideal paper for printing business cards. The higher the paper’s GSM (grams per square meter), the higher the quality of your business card. Naturally this will cost slightly more, but it’s a worthwhile investment, and here’s why.
Types of paper:
Regular (200 to 340 gsm)
- This is a fantastic choice for firms on a budget that still need large quantities of high-quality business cards for their employees.
- It’s also a good option if you want to print your business cards on recyclable paper with a thickness of 300gsm.
- Regular card business cards are the most inexpensive and cost-effective alternative for businesses seeking to purchase business cards in quantity for their hundreds of workers.
- It has a fragile feel to it and looks less professional than others.
- It also has a higher proclivity for being damaged.
These business cards should be kept in a cardholder at an office or shop and handed to consumers directly.
Premium (400 gsm)
If you prefer a thicker business card paper, go with the premium option. This is often regarded as the best material for printing business cards.
- Business cards printed on 400gsm paper are ideal for handing out at networking events including conferences, business meetings, and promotional events.
- The thicker material makes it more robust and long-lasting, as well as more substantial and sturdier – it won’t fold or tear easily in someone’s pocket, handbag, or backpack.
- This material is also ideal for printing on both sides.
When compared to regular card stock, it is more costly and if you’re on a tight budget may not be the option for you.
Choosing the right finish for your business card
It’s just as important to choose the appropriate finish for your business cards as it is to choose the right paper type. Have a matte laminated business card if you want something basic but professional. Order writable business cards if you want people to be able to jot down brief remarks on your business card. It can definitely improve the look of your business cards, whether you prefer a matte, silk, velvet, glossy, or iridescent finish. Of course, you don’t have to choose a particular finish, but your business card will decline in aesthetics and could potentially put customers off.
The look and feel of your business cards will be completely transformed by using high-quality paper. Don’t accept anything less. Choose the right paper and finish for your business card printing. Now is the time to order your own high-quality business cards! For more information or help and advice, contact your cards and stationery printers now!